2020 NFL and Under armour Youth Flag Football Practice and Game Guidelines This document is meant to provide guidance for safely operating Valley isle Sports Football league. As the situation with COVID-19 is ever evolving, this is a living document meant to provide guidance for players, coaches, families, and staff on how to manage risk of spreading and contracting COVID-19 while participating in Flag Football. As the season progresses, it is possible that operations and procedures may change. Your League Commissioner will be in touch should anything change.
Before Arriving to the Field
- Players, Coaches, Staff, Officials, & Fans should take their temperature prior to arriving to practice and games each day.
- Players, Coaches, Staff, Officials, & Fans should not attend practice/games if they feel sick, have a fever, or have been coughing.
- Players, Coaches, Staff, Officials, & Fans should not attend practice/games if they have been in contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Players should not feel pressure to come to practice or games if they are sick.
Field Entry Procedures
- Players, Coaches, Staff, and Officials will wait to enter the field until the previous game or practice has left the field.
- Players will wear masks upon entering the game or practice site.
- Players will sanitize hands before stepping on the field.
- If Players bring a bag/backpack with personal items, please store these items 6-10ft. apart from other bags. This includes water bottles.
- A coaching staff member (COVID Coach) will ask health screening questions prior to practice and games beginning.
- This should take place outside of the practice/game area while the previous practice/game is ending.
- Each parent staff and player must have a temperature check upon entering the field. This will be done at check in
- Maximum amount on event is 50 per games this includes players and staff.
- Rsvp is required with team app so you must download this .
- Rsvp will be opened 1 hour before game starts there will be no early bird RSVP
- There will be a 10 dollar per car entry fee that will be collected at gate per event
Player and Coach Check-In Procedures
- Attendance will be taken by coaching staff prior to each practice and game
- Coaches will ask each screening questions (insert link) prior to each practice and game.
- Parents are asked to be present during screening questions, if a player responds that they are sick, they should leave the field immediate
- Each Player staff and anyone touching the field will have to go through a temp check.
If an athlete contracts COVID-19, please contact your coach immediately. Your coach will contact their league commissioner.
Facility Exit Procedures
- Players will pack up all items in their bags at conclusion of practice.
- Players and coaches must wear masks when exiting the game or practice site.
- Coaches will lead players, walking 6 ft. apart, from the practice or game site to the parking lot.
- Parents will wait for and pick Players up in the parking lot.
- Masks will be worn at all times and social distance
- There will be no mingling in the parking lot or on the field.
- Mask procedures:
- Masks will be worn at all times.
- Player can only disengage the mask when the play has been activated.
- Players staff parents that do not wish to abide by the rules can cost the team a fine and also a disqualification for the whole team for play offs.
Football Activity for Practices and Games
- When possible during practices, coaches and players will keep a distance of 10 ft. apart for drills and other activities.
- Coaches must wear masks during practices and games.
- Players must wear masks when not on the field of play.
- All teams are required to have a designated Team mom during practice and games. The Team mom will enforce all COVID-19 related procedures.
- Team Mom is responsible for the sanitation of their footballs prior to and during practice and games. They are responsible for providing sanitation to any shared equipment and players.
- Players will maintain a 6-10ft. distance while on the sideline and not playing.
- It is the Team mom responsibility to enforce these rules.
- Practices should limit the scrimmages or game-like scenarios that would not allow for social distancing.
- Players will maintain a 6 ft. distance while on the sideline and not playing.
- Face coverings are required for all adults. This includes Coaches, Staff, Officials, Volunteers, and Fans. •
- Coaches/Volunteers for each team are responsible for the sanitation of their footballs prior to each drive. They are responsible for providing sanitation to any team/shared equipment.
- Players are responsible for sanitizing their equipment (flags, gloves) at the beginning of each game and at half-time. Make sure players refrain from excessive removal and replacement of their mouth guard.
- Huddles are no longer permitted.
- In replacement of a post-game handshake, players will line-up and clap in the direction of opponents and to the fans.
- No team meetings will be held in the vicinity of the field to allow the next team to enter the play area.
- During the pandemic there will be no game at night
- Fans must view games from the Cars and are not permitted on the field unless they are a registered coach or staff memeber
- Spectators/Parents will wear masks while viewing practice/games.
- Parents should refrain from bringing friends/family to practices/games to keep the total number of people at the field to a minimum.
- Parent exiting process will occur immediately following the game.
Individual Items to Bring to Practices and Games
- Bag/Backpack for individual equipment like flags and belts helmet .
- Water Bottle(s) with Name. There will be no shared water coolers/bottles.
- Hand Sanitizer.
- Hand Wipes.
- Please have your child use the bathroom as there are no bathrooms at the field